How good are official IB resources?

cricketcrazynerd

Looks like it might be good, simply because it has so many samples of marked work. I actually don't have the IB one - I have two others. I have the Haese and Harris Exam Preparation guide and the OSC-IB revision guide. Both are okay - the H+H one is more focused on practice, the OSC-IB is a reminder if you've forgotten your theory. I'm actually considering getting the IB one now because it looks decent.

Looks like it might be good, simply because it has so many samples of marked work. I actually don't have the IB one - I have two others. I have the Haese and Harris Exam Preparation guide and the OSC-IB revision guide. Both are okay - the H+H one is more focused on practice, the OSC-IB is a reminder if you've forgotten your theory. I'm actually considering getting the IB one now because it looks decent.

I have H+H, ibid and the oxford one

but i think coz this is sample marked work from the official ib people- it's a notch higher

I do not have that one but my school uses the H + H one and I have the oxford one. The problems I've found with IB books which are not the official one is they either have too much or too little content/ information when in comparison to the syllabus. So I'm often forced to condense the book and make my own notes or use more than one book to find more information. Both of which can be quite irritating having to carry many books etc. Seeing as the official IB resources is written by the IB and IB officials, it's probably your best bet of getting a textbook as close to the syllabus as possible. You might want to check this.