Design Technology EE Help

r4ndom

I'm currently writing an Extended Essay in Design Technology, and I chose to focus on Google's search engine. However, I am having trouble formulating a question that pertains to the "design technology" aspects of Google's search engine. Currently, my question is "How has the data stored and processed by Google's search engine influenced information technology and American society?" I am aware that this is far from a Design Technology research question.

The rubric says that the research question "...must relate to the nature of the subject and not be restricted to a descriptive account of a technological or design topic. An appropriate research question allows the essay to address comprehensively the design cycle. Whichever way it is formulated, it should be identified clearly as the research question and set out prominently in the introduction."

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

A suggestion would be to add the time range to your research question for example; "How has Google's search engine influenced information technology and American society from 1998 to 2012?" I didn't write my EE in Design Technology but English, however my research question was "How has Apple's advertising of the iPhone changed from 2008 to 2012?" It made it easier for me to know what to focus on and it helped me structure my essay better!