TOK Presentation Emergency

Charly Daher

I need help for my tok final presentation.

It is supposed to be based on a personal experience.

I choose to do when i was walking too late at night, cops stopped us and we had to bribe them. I want to do it about ethics and truth or something related.

Edited by Sandwich
Please do not type titles in all-caps.

Basically the idea is that a real life situation 'inspires' you to think of a TOK-like question. If you're not happy with the question you've got out of the real-life situation you've come up with, why not just find a different situation? Things happen to us every day and we see things every day, so it should be perfectly possible. Also, for the presentation having a situation which is directly personal to you isn't necessary (in the essay, it is). So it can just be anything you've read about which has raised a knowledge issue for you.

I would steer away from ethical dilemmas, for the simple reason that it tends to set people off-course and they stop talking about TOK and start talking about ethics. However if you can keep it on topic, why not. The KI you came up with already seems okay to me in respect to not getting side-tracked by ethics - it still focusses in on the ways of knowing as its major theme, which is where most people get lost.

Really the best presentation will come from YOU thinking of something because if it's your original thought, then you'll also be able to piece together all the rest of the ideas around it, if that makes sense. Sort-of like if it were my idea to paint a picture I'd know exactly how I wanted it to look and what to do, whereas if somebody commanded me to paint a picture of X, I wouldn't find it as easy to fill in the blanks. You can probably come up with something workable from your original situation if you really don't want to look for an alternative. Just keep thinking about "How do we know X?" as a basic format for your KI to start with, and it should help.

• Like 1