Possible Theatre EE topic?

gz&

Hey guys,

I am the only person doing IB theatre at my school and I was hoping for some advice on whether I have a good Theatre EE topic.

So far my topic is "How has Greek Theatre traditions influenced modern theatre?"

I'm not sure if that is too broad or not. I don't really know how to go about it at all.

So, Advice please!

Yeah, much too broad. Or instead of focusing on an aspect of Greek Theatre, maybe link it to one modern day play, such as Equus? Aside from it being the 'Daniel-Radcliffe-got-naked-with-a-horse'' thing, it's actually a really powerful and unique play, with very interesting staging, Such as human 'horses', a small audience on stage, something I believe is called 'Brechtian style' as Dysart the psychiatrist breaches the barrier between stage and audience, cast benches on stage, a tunnel only the horses can enter, and the patient Alan Strang abreacting on stage... I think Equus would make an interesting Greek Theatre linked EE, perhaps look into it, just as an example even!

• 2 weeks later...

As the others have said. Way to broad, think maybe how a specific greek play (or even scene) has changed a certain aspect of modern day theatre(e.g our modern shakespearan plays)? Or look at the ways in which they functioned and see if a specific part of modern day theatre has taken those ideas.

There are hundreds of greek plays out there, just do some digging. The one that comes to mind for me is opidus rex, but as I said there are lodes out there!