personal project

Guest natev

Hey guys. I was wondering if I could get some help on broadening my personal project topic. My topic is training for a half marathon and including training/diet plans. How should I present it and what should I include further more in it? Thanks.

• Like 1

What is this for?

If you wanted to present this, you can make a workout routine on excel and print that or put it on a powerpoint presentation. You can also add a meal plan and give information to each food group you add, on how it would help you in your athletic performance in the marathon.

I could probably be of more help if I knew what this is for exactly. :)

Scratch that. (Sorry I do the IB program in french so it took me awhile to get what the personal project is haha)

In your Personal Project, you must make sure that the Teacher can verify that you had all these components for your chosen activity:

• Planning : So Plan out and write down all the necessary requirements you need to fulfill this task. So make a food plan along with a workout sheet. This proves that you are organised.
  • Research : Research about what types of food along with workout exercices that can improve your performance during the marathon.
  • High degree of personal reflection : Explain why you decided to do this particular activity and what you have learned from it

To my understanding, there must be an exhibit of some sort to present what you did. Are you presenting this AFTER you have completed the marathon? If so, you can make a display of all the things you put into your project. Take pictures of you doing the marathon and make poweroint slides that explain all the points I mentioned above.

Here is a guide from Annandale High School regarding the personal project: http://www.fcps.edu/...e 2009-2010.pdf

@funny10sport , since I'm in the MYP program at my school, we are required to do a personal project for an elective credit. In March 2013, we present it to the entire school.

Hey! I just realized what it was. Sorry about that. I have edited what I wrote so that it may be more useful. Let me know if you have any more questions. :)

Edited by Award Winning Boss

I may not have enough time to actually train anymore. I would like to give myself at least 12 weeks, but the project is due before that. Any ideas of what to do with this topic and relating it to an AOI?

• 2 months later...

I think it relates to Health and Social Education AOI since it realtes to the question 'How do I think and act?' and 'How am I changing?', then you can recommend the training for other people or something so it relates to 'How can I look after myself and others?'. You do not have to finish training. You could always alter your specifications and then explain why you went wrong and so forth. Maybe you should speak to your Personal Project Supervisor for more feedback since s/he will be the one giving you your grade before it goes to IBO. :) Hope that helped.