Sign in to follow this  

EE Help-To what extent does bias in the media impact the news we recieve and how we receive it?

I wrote my paper on the assumption that the news media would be allowed under "politics," and i read and reread the guide to make sure. now a second opinion has told me that talking exclusively about the impact of the corporate control on what news we recieve is not politcs, but psychology. I would have to change my whole essay to fit the psychology criteria. before I do all that work, I want to make sure I have to. any opinions?

I don't know if it would be either to be honest :blink: This sounds dangerously like an EE with no area which is a really bad thing - the one thing we tell everybody on this forum is to pick a subject area as their number one thing and decide on a title later, because you can write a brilliant essay but if it's not closely conforming to the IB criteria, it'll perform really poorly. I really don't know whether the media can be classified as politics - reading the EE Guide it seems like it would be considered 'tangental' to politics. And it certainly doesn't sound like Psychology to me either. But I didn't do an EE in either of these subjects; perhaps somebody else can help illuminate it for you better.

Read this: and see what you think.

If you can't fit it into a category and are concerned about your mark, I'd write a new EE.