TOK Presentation on knowlege and ethics

Charly Daher

Ok so now i have to finish this for tonight. I already have a real life situation, personal, and a KI. The situation is being stopped by the police and lying to get free, im underage...

KI: To what extent does knowlege affect ethics?

Now i have moral knowlege, emotions and thats kind of it. Can anybody give me ideas on how to elaborate on those and anything extra

Thanks

Ok so now i have to finish this for tonight. I already have a real life situation, personal, and a KI. The situation is being stopped by the police and lying to get free, im underage...

KI: To what extent does knowlege affect ethics?

Now i have moral knowlege, emotions and thats kind of it. Can anybody give me ideas on how to elaborate on those and anything extra

Thanks

I apologise, but I do not understand the question you are asking. Do you need answers to the KI question?

If so, here are some brainstorms I just came up with:

• A lot of the time conflict causes debate in ethics.
  • Talk about bias. Just because you know something does not mean you know the whole story, and that may lead to conflict and breach of ethics. If your father worked for Hitler, from a young age you would constantly hear your father talking about how great Germany is. But he would not tell you what the leader of Germany (Hitler) is doing to millions of Jewish people. Would you listen to your father or would you go against killing the Jewish because it is ethically wrong?
  • Acquired fears: Sometimes the only reason we fear something is because we have experienced or have the knowledge of something related to that fear. E.g. As a child, if your family served your pet turkey for Christmas dinner, you may feel so terrible that you become vegetarian and develop ethics that support animal advocacy.
  • Conformity: Sometimes we do something because everybody else in our social circle does it, e.g. get a tattoo. Then of course there will be people that are against getting a tattoo. Conflict , criticism and breach of ethics arises. :)

Hope I could help!