As an IB student, do/did you "have a life"?

deidara

I dislike coffee, thus I don't drink a lot of it. I do drink soda a lot. :flirt:

I can survive on two weeks of three hours of sleep a night. :challenged: Now I have a day (Sunday) when I can sleep all I want and no one can bother me. :shifty:

My health seems to be normal, though I have received a cold four times this year so far. I guess my immune system is weaker than it was. :inv:

I am stressed a lot, especially with my IOP Tuesday that I just started. :hang:

The majority of my friends are in the IB so we stay up talking. My school is very segregated in some aspects. The IB kids don't have any classes with the normal kids so we don't have any time with them, unless we do a sport for CAS. I have a social life, but I am far from the Queen of Social LIfe. I don't have any complaints though. I enjoy my IB friends. :gathering:

I would say it is worth it. I mean I met my best friend in pre-IB and we do everything together. She tutors me in History and I tutor her in Biology. My life revolves around school, without IB i don't know what I would be doing. :hmmm:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The people who don't have a life are the ones that procrastrinate, sitting around worrying about how things should go when they should be studying instead. Believe it or not, thinking and worrying about studying can never replace the act of studying itself.

I study a lot, on evenings, basically, when I feel like it or I have time over. With that said, my life is great, I have time to hang out with my friends, go out a couple of times a month, have a girlfriend, and be involved in many different activities (breakdance, school council, debate club etc).

If people would get their **** together and work efficiently when they are studying instead of doing other things, they would have a lot of time on their hands.

• Like 1

Guest Fiorella

Lol honestly, I can't complain. I mean, there's times (like right now; I think the worst months for me so far have been november and december and I know january is going to be stressful too) when yes, I don't have a life. But these have been very few times...at least for me, I'm an IB procastinator :P haha. The problem is when you procastinate and DON'T get anything done...which I don't do obviously. So, as long as you manage your time according to how you are and such, you'll be fine. I still go out almost every weekend and I can do my homework on time :D Just try not to procastinate and it will make your life so much easier (for me this is mission impossible).

SL:

French B

Math Studies

Business&Management

HL:

Biology

English A2

Spanish B2

• Like 1

If you manage your time well and avoid excessive procrastination you can certainly maintain a social life. For the most part of IB (excluding exam period and the preceding months) I maintained my hobby of weightlifting. I always got 8 hours of sleep every night. Manage your time effectively.

• Like 1

• 8 years later...

personally, the complete 2 years aren't THAT stressful, there are just specific durations in DP-2 wherein the workload is unimaginable, your exams end one day, the next day you may have an ia submission or an english oral

its really tough to have a social life if you are aiming for the top colleges but unless you're happy with a 24-29, you can pretty easily afford to have one :)