B&M SL IA research question!

Hey , I'm having trouble with my B&M SL IA question. I'd like to write a commentary about Arsenal Football Club.

are any of these questions ok?

Can Arsenal maintain its financial stability without winning trophies?

Should Arsenal sack their manager, Arsene Wenger?

To what extent are Arsenal being effected by the current economic conditions?

Thanks

Hey there! :)

I think the last one is a better RQ but what kind of primary research will you use to get information about this? Also, i'm not too sure writing it on a football club is a good idea (Someone correct me if i'm wrong). You have to make sure first that you'll be able to get the appropriate primary and secondary research needed. Do some research first before you finally decide to do it on the football club.

Hey there! :)

I think the last one is a better RQ but what kind of primary research will you use to get information about this? Also, i'm not too sure writing it on a football club is a good idea (Someone correct me if i'm wrong). You have to make sure first that you'll be able to get the appropriate primary and secondary research needed. Do some research first before you finally decide to do it on the football club.

All the balance sheets and financial information is available on the official Arsenal website.

My IA is SL so I don't need primary research.

You think I should go for it?

Thanks ,

Your opinion matters!

That's good then.

Well i remember the SL students in my class had to carry out at least one form of primary research.

To be honest, i would try brainstorming a bit more on other RQ's not related to the Arsenal football club but if you can't seem to find any, then go for it! :) But make sure to ask your teacher just to be sure it's okay!

Hey There!

I agree with Kim, you should try to refrain on doing it on a firm (or in your case) a football club which is not in your country. You need to conduct interviews and I seriously doubt you can conduct an interview with someone from Arsenal (unless you have some obscene contacts, then go for it)

I think you may need to rethink your RQ and business altogether.

Are there no businesses in your country that you could talk to and conduct your research on them?

Are there no football clubs in Bahrain? Since I see you're a big fan of football :P

I ended up doing my IA on my Dad's businesses, and that turned out quite interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey There!

I agree with Kim, you should try to refrain on doing it on a firm (or in your case) a football club which is not in your country. You need to conduct interviews and I seriously doubt you can conduct an interview with someone from Arsenal (unless you have some obscene contacts, then go for it)

I think you may need to rethink your RQ and business altogether.

Are there no businesses in your country that you could talk to and conduct your research on them?

Are there no football clubs in Bahrain? Since I see you're a big fan of football :P

I ended up doing my IA on my Dad's businesses, and that turned out quite interesting.

I spoke to my teacher and he said for SL students we don't need to conduct primary research. I'm still pretty confused about my RQ, I can't think of any topics I'd enjoy writing other than football :P