IPP- Theatre Arts

valentina2938

Hi guys,

I am doing my IPP and I thought of various topics to do but I just wanted to make sure they are good before proceeding any further.

- Victorian Burlesque Theatre, focusing on costume design, possibly how it was a controversial form of costume design (being provocative in nature; maybe the costume design and society's view)

- Bunraku puppetry, creating the puppetry and investigating the roles of the three individuals controlling the Bunraku puppets and the particular way of handling the puppet. (The only problem is that creating a Bunraku puppet is very difficult since there are no tutorials online and they are about 4 feet tall).

- Noh theatre- making the masks (for example, possibly three masks one of the protagonist, one of the antagonist and one of the Godly figure, since all three masks a very distinct and vary in color and design.

Suggestions? It would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

I think first you should have the idea od whether or not you want to do Option A (devising/performing) or Option B (exploration through theatrical means). I'm currently doing Option B and comparing two similar theatre practices and using the same script for the two styles in front of an audience to see which of the two is more effective.

Think about ease of what your doing too! Currently those titles seem very RI like but they have the potential to be IPP!