Confused for the IOP.

The other day in my English class we went over some ways of presenting and my teacher had a few suggestions. To do the IOP, try to make it as interesting as possible, so try not to use powerpoint. Be creative. You can start a discussion for your presentation if you want to as well, for example, ask the students what are some symbols they know are usually white (e.g. a dove is usually white and it represents peace). You could dress in all white to have a little visual as well. I'm not sure what the "Being There" is about but perhaps you could do a little bit on the author's background and discuss why the color white shows up in his work (e.g. issue of racism in his past, growing up in a war zone - longing for peace etc) You might even do a mini-play (like a puppet play) to hold the interest of the other students. If you're allowed to work with others, perhaps you can do a debate on what the color white represents. Good luck!! :D

• Like 1