Sign in to follow this  

Self Taught Orals.

Hey guys (and girls), I take SSST (School Supported Self Taught) Dutch A, and right now I'm working on poetry. The problem is, I have only seen my "tutor" once and all I get is a weekly e-mail with my homework.

The problem is, I have no idea how to "attack" these questions. I'm working on my Oral Commentaries for Prose and Poetry. Now I'm struggling immensely with the poetry.

I don't specifically need another SSST student to tell me what to do, I'm merely asking for some resources that I could use as I have absolutely NO experience with poetry.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Edited by winvanseb

You need to approach an oral commentary much as you would approach a written one. Except, instead of writing your comments, you say them. There is really no difference in technique or style, except you need to speak about your observations and explain them.

The best Guide you can possibly get is the Syllabus itself which should give you an accurate picture of what's expected of you in the IOC.