University in the Netherlands

Guest Fiorella

Guest Fiorella

Hello everyone, so I'm strongly considering going for my physiotherapy degree in the Netherlands at Fontys University of Applied Sciences in Eindhoven. Problem is, they are not very descriptive with the whole requirement of grades and such. I'm a full IB diploma candidate and I don't receive my actual IB scores until July 2013 (I think? correct me anyone if I'm wrong!) so I'm guessing the dutch system with grades is also like the British one where it's all then based on predicted scores right? I browsed through the webpage for the things I need to send out and it says the gradelist/transcript and then down it says something about informing them if I yet don't have my diploma when will I receive it (here's the link so it's more clear what I'm telling you http://fontys.edu/physiotherapy/application.and.costs.180332.htm)

Please, if you have a lot of knowledge on dutch universities (which I hope so person out there does lol) let me know, I'll greatly appreciate it!

Fiorella

I am also applying to Dutch universities, but not the one you are applying for. Going for Maastricht and Utretch University Colleges. However, if they do not have the IB grades that you need to get in listed on their websites I suggest that you send them an email explaining your situation and asking what you can do about it. As far as I know, the unis I am applying for work on the basis of predicted grades, but then give certain IB final grades that you you need to achieve in order to get in (conditional offer).

EDIT: I have a Dutch friend that I can ask about how it works for you if you want to! Tell me!

Edited by dniviE

• 2 weeks later...

First you send your predicted grades and all other documents they may want and then you're either conditionally accepted or not. Conditionally accepted in the Netherlands just means you need to get the qualification you applied with (so the IB diploma), with no grade requirements.