The grading of the history IAs

KimberlyDorffner

• 1 month later...

As khimberleigh said, while they may have an idea of the history, you should still write comprehensively about whatever subject, since they might just be skimming through for key points (pretty much how a lot of IB written work is graded >_>).

I've also heard that they assign different exam topics to different moderators/examiners, but I have yet to find any source to confirm that....

So, in summary, just make sure to write in key points while still addressing important topics, but don't take too much time explaining them, maybe a sentence or so.

I didn't have History of the Americas, so I can't give you an example for that, but if I were to write about WWI and I wanted to mention the Battle of Passiondaele, I'd mention where it was, when it took place, who fought, and the outcome, before giving any sort of opinion/analysis.

That's about the extent to which you should elaborate on individual examples, as far as I know/have been told...

• 2 weeks later...