World Studies. Yay or Nay?

Mich Page

Hey guys,

So I've started developing my Extended Essay topic, but I'm not sure whether it counts as one subject or more. My IB Coordinator said that it could count to 4 possibly if I choose the World Studies subject. I still have around 2 months to develop and choose but I'd like to hear from you guys. Is it wise to pick the World Studies Extended Essay? As I'm not sure since there are some teachers that said it can be quite a challenge, but also look really good.

Cheers!

No offence but your question is redundant. It's like asking, "Is it a good idea to do an EE in Maths or History?" It entirely depends on your topic, then on your RQ, then on the research and effort you put in, then on the accuracy with which you followed the EE subject syllabus guide, and then on the mood of the external examiner who read your essay.

An EE is as difficult in one subject as it is in another. The only difference is what you are better at. Regardless of which subject it is, there is always going to be stand out EEs and slightly less original ideas. No matter what subject area you end up choosing, make sure you are original in your thought process.

Edited by drserosa
  • Like 1