Sign in to follow this  

help with a ib physics book

Guest B.E.P.

I think the book is good as a sort of quick revision before any major test/the IB exam. However, it's not a real substitute to a textbook.

From what I know it just gives you what you have to know from the syllabus no more than that, which is kind of good, but you have to consider that this study guide does not explain anything further, so you won’t have the big picture about each concept. Another thing, if you just use this guide you also will not have enough information and understanding to build on them for another related concept, unless you are brilliant in physics. However, physics is based on practicing, so the more you practice the more you get it. Personally i use it for reviewing or sometimes i study from it if i don't have time to study from the book.

Edited by MLI

There are well-developed chapters in the Study Guide. For example, Topic 1, Topic 4, Topic 7 and Topic 8 (I'd say that 7 & 8 are the best ones). The other ones you should learn them from Tsokos' book.

Sorry to be late, but I hope this will help you.

I think that the book is great if you have the ability to understand the concepts without too much explanation. It is great that it only gives you info you NEED to know, but would be good to have a little more info on some subjects

I found the Tsokos and the oxford's course companion online and with my book (study guide)+ months of effort I made it!!!!! I got a 5 in physics SL im really suprised with that grade!

Thanks to the books basically :D