Non stop engine

thinhnghiem

Dears,

I am investigating a way to make an engine that can run continuously. Currently, my result is so positive.

1. Tools and facilities:

- The main component of this model is a wooden toy with dragonfly shape. Its head is a rectangle which is curved upward, with long tail

- A sharp pillar

- A medium sizes magnet (In attached screenshot it is the round and black piece)

- A tiny magnet

2. Model

- Stick the tiny magnet under the tail of dragonfly shaped specimen. The gravity of magnet makes this specimen settles down toward the tail.

- Then, touch the sharp peak of the rectangle head of the specimen very slightly into the top of the pillar. It makes the balance status of this dragonfly toy is very unstable. It is very easy to drop down as seen in attached screenshot

- Put the medium sized magnet at the base of the pillar so that its upward pole is the same as the downward pole of the tiny one (i.e. south to south, or north to north), and they are face to face as shown in attached screenshot

- Keep the whole system in an insolated room, with all doors and windows are closed to prevent air wing influence.

3. Operation:

- The attraction force between 2 magnets makes the tail of the specimen is pulled down slightly, before it is up again. Then a new period starts with the up and down movement of the specimen tail, again and again etc.

- The position of the medium sized magnet is adjustable so that it can give best result to the movement of the specimen. If the distance between magnets is so far, the force intensity is so weak to result in movement. Otherwise, the strong attraction force from the medium sized will also prevent the specimen from moving.

I let my model there overnight to make sure that there is no stopping. And luckily it does not stop until now.

I post my article here so that any interesting individual can follow and replicate my experiments.

All of my expectation that you can contact me and replicate my experiment

Thinh from Vietnam

post-109541-0-87689300-1355802834_thumb.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is my real experiment. And my observation is that it keeps on swinging. That's the reason I posted it here. Maybe my knowledge is not qualified enough to give out explanation. Opinions from others are welcomed

Maybe try talking to your IB physics teacher. I think that's your best bet because we can't really look at your model and how it's working. You should really show it to your teacher if you have any. Good luck!

• 5 months later...

Hi again,

Few months ago I had chance to post topic here about a non stop engine model. Now it has been improved and works well, and I would like to introduce my new model here.

1. Tools and facilities:
- The main component of this model is a wooden toy with dragonfly shape. Its head is a rectangle which is curved upward, with long tail
- A sharp pillar

- A medium sizes magnet (In attached screenshot it is the round and white piece)

- Some tiny magnets

2. Model
- Stick the tiny magnets under the tail of dragonfly shaped specimen. The gravity of magnets make this specimen settles down toward the tail.

- Then, touch the sharp peak of the rectangle head of the specimen very slightly into the top of the pillar. It makes the balance status of this dragonfly toy is very unstable. It is very easy to drop down as seen in attached screenshot

- Put the medium sized magnet vertically and so close to the tail of the specimen so that their facing poles are NOT the same (i.e. north to south or south to north)

- Keep the whole system in an insolated room, with all doors and windows are closed to prevent air wing influence.

3. Operation:
- The attraction force between 2 magnets makes the tail of the specimen is pulled down slightly, before it is up again. Then a new period starts with the up and down movement of the specimen tail, again and again etc.

- The position of the medium sized magnet is adjustable so that it can give best result to the movement of the specimen. If the distance between magnets is so far, the force intensity is so weak to result in movement. Otherwise, the strong attraction force from the medium sized will also prevent the specimen from moving.

I let my model there overnight to make sure that there is no stopping. And luckily it does not stop until now.

I post my article here so that any interesting individual can follow and replicate my experiments.

All of my expectation that you can contact me and replicate my experiment

Thinh from Vietnam

See my clip in Youtube at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhu6GunAsJs