Applying to multiple engineering degrees

-._._.-

You know how for the UCAS personal statement, it is advisable for you to just apply to one degree so that they know that this is really what you want? The thing is, I can't decide what to apply for and I have more or less 'narrowed down' (sort of) to engineering. However, the engineering is VERY varied (sports engineering, engineering with architecture, mechanical engineering with product design, and possibly renewable energy if I can find a course) and I am not sure if I can write a personal statement that links them all together. What should I do?

Pick similar courses anyway. The idea of the Personal Statement is that you already know what you want to study so even though courses may vary at universities, the essential content of the courses should be the same.

But if you're an international student applying to non-competitive UK universities, it won't make too much of a difference if your PS is a little all over the place.

Well seemingly they are. But I'm not a Science student so I would hardly know anyway. You should know whether or not they are too varied and by the nature of your post, they probably are. In which case, maybe you should sit down and actually think about what you'd like to study seriously and try to pick similar courses throughout so that your PS can be coherent. Lack of focus is not an attractive quality in Higher Education in the UK.