History, EE help

Jorgen17

I hope you've already heard this many times, but just for emphasis, make sure you choose something you enjoy. Once you have that, try to narrow down the particular element of the topic that you enjoy, maybe do a little research to help, and then your EE supervisor or even a history teacher should be able to help you out with questions! I have just finished a history EE, so good luck with yours! :D

As above. What interests you? Giving us no more specific information than history may have an adverse effect on you! It leaves open people to suggest any aspect of any range - Renaissance, American history, something more recent... it would help to have a general idea first. Are you most interested in looking at how significant a certain factor was in causing a war? Or more interested in an individual who changed the world?

For example, you could either talk about the significance of the Black Hand (right?) Gang in the cause of WW1 by comparing it with other factors such as Weltpolitik/Aggressive policies and Alliance System to conclude 'yes/no, when compared to factors x, y and z, the role of the Black Hand Gang was /not significant as a cause of WW1.. as a 'To What Extent' question ... Or you could consider a specific aspect of an individual's impact such as why was stalin's industrial policy so much more successful than his agricultural policy? You could do this by having a section on his industrial policies (Five Year Plans, asset stripping from East Europe after World War Two.... plenty of statistics there) and then on his agricultural policies (Collectivisation, crushed the Kulaks (richest and most productive peasants)... all the while commenting why and how industrial policies were more effective than agricultural policies)

These are just topics I personally enjoy. But as I've said, you might not, which is why it helps everyone involved to be more specific, and come to us saying 'I am interested in Stalin, what could I look at?' as this allows us to be so much more helpful and specific! Plus, sometimes people react badly when they feel someone is not bothering to do any work or research themselves, and so as a lazy option decide to get IBsurvival to do it all for them :P

Hope this helps!

Edited by TykeDragon