What are Mock Exams for?

Ollie Simbunga

So, in few weeks the mock exams are coming. My school sucks at explaining what is what. And therefore I would like to know what are the scores for mock exams actually for? I am applying to UK, and I have already sent my application with my predicted score. Do scores from mocks influence my entrance to the Uni.

Your answers will be very well appreciated. Thank you :))

If you've already sent off your application then these grades do not have an effect on your application at all. Mock grades and stuff are all internal.

Anywho, mock exams are usually to show progress in the IB. And to highlight any big mistakes that you may have so that you can work on them before the exams. It also, in some respects, helps individualise your revision a bit more. So if you're very strong in one area and weak in another then you can tailor your revision to your weak spots.

• Like 1

If your school is like my school, our next mock exams are used as confirmation to what our predicted grades are, since apparently teachers send our predicted grades off to the IBO in the case something happens, like if you break your leg the night before your Physics exam. According to my English teacher, that means they will give you the predicted grade that was submitted, but I don't suggest you breaking a bone before every exam...

If you've already sent off your application then these grades do not have an effect on your application at all. Mock grades and stuff are all internal.

Anywho, mock exams are usually to show progress in the IB. And to highlight any big mistakes that you may have so that you can work on them before the exams. It also, in some respects, helps individualise your revision a bit more. So if you're very strong in one area and weak in another then you can tailor your revision to your weak spots.

Ok. Thank you. And what if i am applying to UK, will the scores for mock exams be considered by the universities?