IOP Time Limit

Kboss

Hi Fellow IBians,

My IOP was based on Waiting for Godot and was related to existentialism presented in the play. Now, my question here is that my IOP went on for 15 min 45 secs. I have 2 English Lit. teachers and one of them said its okay but the other said it isn't and now I am thoroughly confused :S It would really help if someone could tell me if my IOP is of an acceptable length.

THANKS A LOT :D

45 seconds over is hardly that much, in my opinion. The syllabus does indeed say that the presentation should be 10-15 minutes. Any penalty applied would be at the discretion of your teachers as it is not really mentioned in the marking criteria, so hopefully they also view the 45 seconds as a minor issue. If you had any kind of class discussion or any time when the teachers asked you questions, then technically those don't have to be included in your timed presentation - so if you are concerned, perhaps raise this point with your teachers. Hopefully everything will work out okay for you :) At least it's over!

Edited by flinquinnster

45 seconds over is hardly that much, in my opinion. The syllabus does indeed say that the presentation should be 10-15 minutes. Any penalty applied would be at the discretion of your teachers as it is not really mentioned in the marking criteria, so hopefully they also view the 45 seconds as a minor issue. If you had any kind of class discussion or any time when the teachers asked you questions, then technically those don't have to be included in your timed presentation - so if you are concerned, perhaps raise this point with your teachers. Hopefully everything will work out okay for you :) At least it's over!

Thanks for your quick reply, but for all of our IOPs no questioning session was made....is that bad too?

Regarding the teachers aspect, unfortunately they have had contradictory views so yeah damn confused, but I will try asking them again and hopefully get a more coherent reply :)

Yeah, it feels great to be done though :D