Mathematics HL paper 3 options

siddhant530

Hello,

At school, i have been registered for the May 2013 examinainos. i have mathematics at HL. At school. we have studied series and differential equations as an option and been regstered for the same. yet i feel that i would be better at attempting statics and probability. Can i do this in the final examination.

Thanks

I believe it depends on your school, teacher, and IB coordinator and is contingent on whether or not they are okay with letting you do it this way. Keep in mind that options cover a lot of material - you might be better off doing diffequations than stats even if you're better at stats if you've only studied the standard math HL stats and probability curriculum.

Good luck!

The paper 3 exam is set so that each option receives its own separate examination, unlike in the sciences where all the options appear in the same paper. It may be too late to change your preference. Talk to your IB coordinator about changing the options paper if still possible 5 months or so out from final examinations.

Series and differential equations is a seriously fascinating option though, I loved it.