Is my topic International enough?

Cesar Vega

Greetings IBsurvival community, could you help me with my topic? Please. I'm planning on writing my EE on a succes wich ,in my personal opinion, changed the course of Mexican history (since I'm Méxican). My topic is: In what extenct does Salinas de Gortari (méxican polititian) was relevant in the assesination of Luis Donaldo Colosio (Mexican candidate) ?

My problem is that I don't know if this is relevant enough for the international community, scince this is the IB, I think it should have more impact on worlds history.

I'm also thinking about writing a Ee on this topic: To what exctenct Adolf Hitler manipulated the German media to raise the German enthusiasm about a second world war?

I'm not really sure about wich shuld be my topic or if they are narrow enough. Could you help me?

I think the EE is supposed to be over anything that you find interesting? What subject are you wishing to study at uni? I saw someone saying they were going to write there extended essay over the impact the wizard of oz had on media...So I think its up to you.. Out of those 2 topics I'd pick the one that interests you most and you will be able to research in depth.

Often topics do not relate to just one subject but can be references to many...

Your EE doesn't have to be International, in fact, the IB like when you explore your own local history instead of just the big events that every knows about.

If I were you I would do the Mexican topic because 1)a lot of people do their EE on Hitler so your essay really has to be amazing for it to stand out to the examiner if you choose to do a topic like Hitler or Stalin, and 2) from your post (correct me if I'm wrong), you seem more interested in the Mexican history topic.

My topic is to what extent did the Eureka Stockade, of 1854, lead to a more free and democratic society in Victoria, Australia. As you can see, my topic is local too and about an event which had a significant impact on Australian history

• Like 3