Maths Studies IA Help

Florian Priv

Hi guys please could you help me out here

I have chosen to compare people's foot length and their height in my project...

but i find it near impossible to find maths I could use please could you make some suggestions?

I thought about using a CHI test but then apparently that doesnt work with lengths and heights... is that right?

Thank you so much in advance!

:clap:

You can indeed use the chi-squared test. Just make sure you use frequencies instead of the actual lengths and heights. Make intervals for the lengths and heights, and write down how many individuals fit within each of the intervals and put that into a matrix. Then you do the chi-squared test. Just make sure you don't violate the rules for the chi-squared test.

You could also use linear regression and probability. Remember, though, that you have to use both simple and sophisticated mathematical processes.

Edited by alefal
  • Like 1

You can indeed use the chi-squared test. Just make sure you use frequencies instead of the actual lengths and heights. Make intervals for the lengths and heights, and write down how many individuals fit within each of the intervals and put that into a matrix. Then you do the chi-squared test. Just make sure you don't violate the rules for the chi-squared test.

You could also use linear regression and probability. Remember, though, that you have to use both simple and sophisticated mathematical processes.

Thank you so much but I just remembered that when I want to test the thing on a % level where do I get the table of critical values from or do I take just any?

Thank you again!

:hmmm::)