November 2012 - Results thread

Lero

WHAT'S WITH ALL THE 45s IN THIS THREAD!?!?

sigh. I scored a 39.

And I guess some would know how I feel. Mixed feelings. Happy that I scored above 38 but sad that I scored below 40. VERY disappointed at my 5 for music HL. (Though I barely spent any time studying for it...still...I think I deserved a 6!!! My performances were okay-ish, but I expected to get a 7 for my compositions... Music portfolio wasn't bad... And I thought I did pretty well in the external exam as well!!) Dunno if remark would change anything...doubt that...

ONLY if I'd receive that 6 which gives me a total score of 40(!), I would be really happy... that 1 mark would make a huge difference to me!!! Seeing all those pro marks in the thread, I feel like a noob.

Dayum. Should have procrastinated less. Shouldn't have watched those endless TV shows during the exams period. But I guess I should be happy after all... It's not that bad, is it?!??? @_@

Edited by AnonymousIBer

lol my thoughts exactly. But honestly, i actually find it funny that i spent most of my time on math hl only to get a 5 and i pretty much neglected psychology sl the most and got a 7. So maybe i should have done psychology hl lol. Guess its too late for regrets huh?

But AnonymouslBer, as long as you get into the course you want, thats all that matters.

lol my thoughts exactly. But honestly, i actually find it funny that i spent most of my time on math hl only to get a 5 and i pretty much neglected psychology sl the most and got a 7. So maybe i should have done psychology hl lol. Guess its too late for regrets huh?

But AnonymouslBer, as long as you get into the course you want, thats all that matters.

lol, at least you got a 40!!! I wouldn't complain if I were you, coz to me 40 and 41 wouldn't make a difference, while 39 and 40 really does!!!!!! like I just want that 1 more mark.... :sadbye: That FEELING, if you know what I mean...T___T now I just can't wait to see the component grades and see if I could get it remarked :sadbye:

And you know, the thing is, although 39 is kinda sufficient for most uk unis apart from oxbridge, unis usually ask for 666 or 667s for the HLs... and since I got a 5...(one of my least favourite numbers!!!) dunno what would happen... asdfghjklasdfghjkl

Edited by AnonymousIBer

lol, at least you got a 40!!! I wouldn't complain if I were you, coz to me 40 and 41 wouldn't make a difference, while 39 and 40 really does!!!!!! like I just want that 1 more mark.... :sadbye: That FEELING, if you know what I mean...T___T now I just can't wait to see the component grades and see if I could get it remarked :sadbye:

And you know, the thing is, although 39 is kinda sufficient for most uk unis apart from oxbridge, unis usually ask for 666 or 667s for the HLs... and since I got a 5...(one of my least favourite numbers!!!) dunno what would happen... asdfghjklasdfghjkl

Haha yeah but getting a 41 would have brought me a little closer to my medicine dream but ahh well. Goodbye to an easy entry into medicine lol. Although i guess my score is good considering all the times i got sick and all the dramas going on lol. But is that really a legit excuse?

As for your 5 i guess it would be worth to get a remark if you find out you missed out on that 6 by a point or two. How many 7s did you get for hl besides music?

And congrats pear.babe on the perfect mark! =D

Edited by Shahad

Haha yeah but getting a 41 would have brought me a little closer to my medicine dream but ahh well. Goodbye to an easy entry into medicine lol. Although i guess my score is good considering all the times i got sick and all the dramas going on lol. But is that really a legit excuse?

As for your 5 i guess it would be worth to get a remark if you find out you missed out on that 6 by a point or two. How many 7s did you get for hl besides music?

lolz, I got 5,6,7 for my HLs T______T

ENGLISH A1 SL 7

FRENCH B HL 6

GEOGRAPHY SL in ENGLISH 7

BIOLOGY HL in ENGLISH 6

CHEMISTRY EE in ENGLISH C

CHEMISTRY HL in ENGLISH 6

MATHEMATICS SL in ENGLISH 6

THEORY KNOWL. TK in ENGLISH B

Total: 39

When do breakdowns of marks come out?

Edited by loltim
  • Like 2

ENGLISH A1 SL 7

FRENCH B HL 6

GEOGRAPHY SL in ENGLISH 7

BIOLOGY HL in ENGLISH 6

CHEMISTRY EE in ENGLISH C

CHEMISTRY HL in ENGLISH 6

MATHEMATICS SL in ENGLISH 6

THEORY KNOWL. TK in ENGLISH B

Total: 39

When do breakdowns of marks come out?

Haha we got the same grades! Also waiting for the breakdowns.. I think they'll come out in approxamately a week.

I see that you're from New Zealand! :phone: I did my IB there as well. :D

• Like 1

I suggest emailing the university you'd like to go to. Or let's just wait for the component grades lol.

And alright, yeah i think you're right lol. I'll be happy about my score. YAYYYY! *enthusiatic cheer*

Lol I shouldnt be whining about not getting directly into medicine.

At least i have a fairly good chance to get into my dream course, biomedicine, so im really happy about that. =D

Edited by Shahad

I suggest emailing the university you'd like to go to. Or let's just wait for the component grades lol.

And alright, yeah i think you're right lol. I'll be happy about my score. YAYYYY! *enthusiatic cheer*

At least i have a fairly good chance to get into my dream course, biomedicine, so im really happy about that. =D

Hehe exacly. Be happy! :)

I don't know if I should email them or not, since I only submitted that application like a few days ago, so it's not like I already have a conditional offer.. :/

rofl just got my component grades... both my music HL and Eco HL are 4 marks off the grade boundary... should i remark??

rofl just got my component grades... both my music HL and Eco HL are 4 marks off the grade boundary... should i remark??

Hmmm, it probably wouldnt be worth it honestly. What exactly did you get low marks on, the internals or exams?

The component grades were terrible lol. I realized why i got a 5 in math.

The examiner put my math IA mark down by 7 points! How unfair is that lol. I mean they usually put it down by one or two marks but not SEVEN!

Ahh lol, sucks. There goes the idea of repeating the math exams lol.