November 2012 - Results thread

Lero

rofl just got my component grades... both my music HL and Eco HL are 4 marks off the grade boundary... should i remark??

Hmmm, it probably wouldnt be worth it honestly. What exactly did you get low marks on, the internals or exams?

The component grades were terrible lol. I realized why i got a 5 in math.

The examiner put my math IA mark down by 7 points! How unfair is that lol. I mean they usually put it down by one or two marks but not SEVEN!

Ahh lol, sucks. There goes the idea of repeating the math exams lol.

Poor you.. I heard that a lot of people getting their Maths IAs moderated down for quite a few marks though lol. Not people from my school though, coz the teachers in my school are really harsh on IAs... The highest grade for maths portfolio in my school's like a 17, and most of us just got 14 or 15...

fortunately I got lower marks on the exams... I dunno, I guess I'm still gonna try for a remark..just so that I won't regret in the future haha.. For economics the grade boundaries pretty high this year, 78 for a 7 (never been this high!!) I got a 74, which was usually the lowest mark for a 7... SIGH!!! and did you know that you need a 90% for a 7 for maths SL this year??? I was like wth........it has NEVER been so high, and most of the people i know thought that wasn't an easy exam!!!

Edited by AnonymousIBer

for my school, most people got put down by 13-14 marks for the science IA's and maths IA's :S and damn...my teacher said i was getting a 17-18 for my MLI in music and i got a 10/20 :L

Aww that sucks... I actually dunno what I got for mine, but my teacher used to be an senior IB moderator, so I guess his prediction would have been accurate.. (who knows)

I guess you could ask for a remark! Maybe they'll reconsider it for you, since it's an external :P I sent mine for remarking anyway.. Although I'm not expecting much at all, I guess we should give it a go...

• 2 weeks later...

for my school, most people got put down by 13-14 marks for the science IA's and maths IA's :S and damn...my teacher said i was getting a 17-18 for my MLI in music and i got a 10/20 :L

Aww that sucks... I actually dunno what I got for mine, but my teacher used to be an senior IB moderator, so I guess his prediction would have been accurate.. (who knows)

I guess you could ask for a remark! Maybe they'll reconsider it for you, since it's an external :P I sent mine for remarking anyway.. Although I'm not expecting much at all, I guess we should give it a go...

So how did it go? Hopefully you got the mark you wanted!

When is the last day you can ask for a remark?