Psychology P1 (MAY08)

blindpet

I liked this paper, I thought it would be much harder and involve some strange questions that would take 5 minutes to decipher. Lucky me.

Question 1 - I did 'the reliance and confidence in science and biology in understanding behavioural change'. I backed it up with Descartes, Darwin, Broca and Phineas Gage, concluding with the assumption of BP that the endocrine system, nervous system etc should be studied in order to explain behaviour.

Question 2 - I did fallibility of memory and of course used Loftus and Palmer 1974 backed it up with Bartlett 1932 (reconstructive memory) and schemas.

Question 3 - I did Little Albert (longitudinal lab experiment)

Question 4 - I did gender identity and the empirical study of David Reimer by John Money and evaluated it hardcore with methodology and ethics. I then used the culture/gender study on pseudo-hermaphroditism by Imperato-McGinley 1974 to evaluate further using culture considerations.

How'd you guys do?

I liked this paper, I thought it would be much harder and involve some strange questions that would take 5 minutes to decipher. Lucky me.

Question 1 - I did 'the reliance and confidence in science and biology in understanding behavioural change'. I backed it up with Descartes, Darwin, Broca and Phineas Gage, concluding with the assumption of BP that the endocrine system, nervous system etc should be studied in order to explain behaviour.

Question 2 - I did fallibility of memory and of course used Loftus and Palmer 1974 backed it up with Bartlett 1932 (reconstructive memory) and schemas.

Question 3 - I did Little Albert (longitudinal lab experiment)

Question 4 - I did gender identity and the empirical study of David Reimer by John Money and evaluated it hardcore with methodology and ethics. I then used the culture/gender study on pseudo-hermaphroditism by Imperato-McGinley 1974 to evaluate further using culture considerations.

How'd you guys do?

#1- This was my weakest considering our teacher didn't give us the first page of the syllabus! But I did get it from this site ;) and I talked about Darwin, Broca, and Phineas Gage too! I concluded with Darwin's million and one contributions and something about him being the father of the perspective, etc.

#2- Cognitive dissonance, Crawford and about 4 other not-well-known but very recent studies. ;)

#3- I did Bandura. 'Nuff said.

#4- I did Raine, Sperry, and Broca and talked a lot about gender differences. Don't really remember it that much other than the fact that I wrote A LOT. XD

I LOVED paper 2 much more though! I did dysfunctional and I wanted #9 soooo much! I think I completely rocked that part. Too bad it doesn't count for more of the grade. :lol:

question 1: Darwinism. Simple, then I added two examples of mutations and adaptations.

question 2: cognitive dissonance, limitation was the ecological validity. dissonance varies

question 3: little albert

question 6: cognitive dissonance vs. learned helplessness, bandura and memory

You guys put more than one contribution for number 1. It explicitly bolded the one historical or cultural contribution part.

question 1: Darwinism. Simple, then I added two examples of mutations and adaptations.

You guys put more than one contribution for number 1. It explicitly bolded the one historical or cultural contribution part.

Ah!!!! Well, I did focus on Darwin, but if I related Descartes and Broca to Darwin's approach, do you think that they'll count off too many marks?

Or would I just lose all of them? EEEEK. x[

I really wish I had a Psych teacher that explained something...anything...