What are my chances of getting into LSE?

AnonymousIBer

I have just received my IB scores yesterday, a score of 39... I applied to Economic History(not as competitive as other courses apparently..) at LSE, which requires a minimum score of 37, with 6,6,6 for HL subjects.. Though my total score has exceeded this minimum requirement by 2 points, I got 5,6,7 for my HL subjects.. (the 5 is for HL music...)

Am I completely hopeless since I missed 1 mark for the HL subjects? Or does it really depends? Really want to get into LSE... :(

Edited by AnonymousIBer

You've missed one of their requirements so it's not looking great to be honest. They'd have many applicants with grades exceeding their original requirements so they'll have a reason to reject your application on the basis you missed one of their requirements.

Yea, not fantastic. I wouldn't apply. My friend got an offer last year, exceeded the points requirements but missed the HL maths requirement by one point so wasn't accepted.

You've missed one of their requirements so it's not looking great to be honest. They'd have many applicants with grades exceeding their original requirements so they'll have a reason to reject your application on the basis you missed one of their requirements.

Yea, not fantastic. I wouldn't apply. My friend got an offer last year, exceeded the points requirements but missed the HL maths requirement by one point so wasn't accepted.

okay... I'll still ask for a remark then... lol this is upsetting... I got a 5 for HL music, URGH.

Oh well... If LSE won't accept me I'll accept the offer from UCL i guess...

Can anyone who has experience with the similar sort of situation also answer my question please??

Edited by Sandwich

With a uni as competitive as LSE missing marks never looks good, as Award Winning Boss said, they have loads of applicants exceeding their entry requirements. I think looking through The Student Room might be a better option if you want to find out what happened to people who missed thier grades.

Can anyone who has experience with the similar sort of situation also answer my question please??

One of my friends has a similar horror story with LSE in the same point. Se was required to get 38 points with a 7,6,6 at HL. She managed to get 42 points with a 7,7,5 at HL. She called the school and begged and pleaded and so LSE told her that they'd hold her place while she got the 5 remarked. She got that one exam remarked and got it up to a 6. Then her place was confirmed at the LSE.

It doesn't look too hot for you mate, unfortunately. But I would still advise you to call admissions and make sure.

One of my friends has a similar horror story with LSE in the same point. Se was required to get 38 points with a 7,6,6 at HL. She managed to get 42 points with a 7,7,5 at HL. She called the school and begged and pleaded and so LSE told her that they'd hold her place while she got the 5 remarked. She got that one exam remarked and got it up to a 6. Then her place was confirmed at the LSE.

It doesn't look too hot for you mate, unfortunately. But I would still advise you to call admissions and make sure.

wow okay, that sounds tough :sadbye: I guess I would request for a remark as well then since that 5 that I got was quite unexpected... I expected at least a 6 :sadbye:

Anyway thanks for your advice. Fingers crossed that I get lucky this time...

With a uni as competitive as LSE missing marks never looks good, as Award Winning Boss said, they have loads of applicants exceeding their entry requirements. I think looking through The Student Room might be a better option if you want to find out what happened to people who missed thier grades.

Yea, I've looked through the student room thread, but didn't find anyone who also applied to Economic history... I think the positive factor here is that this course isn't as competitive as the other courses such as Eco or law, I've checked the statistics and found that only about 120 people applied last year, and 20 people got in...While they have thousands of applicants for Economics Bsc etc. So I guess now I just have to wait and see... and possibly get a remark... T_T

Edited by AnonymousIBer