History EE - France in World War 2

HeyItsJono

Hi there everyone,

I've been thinking about my EE recently and trying to get a nice research question, however I don't know where to start looking. I've decided to do it in History and I've got a broad topic of France in WW2 but I don't know where to go from here. Does anyone have some advice on narrowing it down or making a research question from this, or any interesting topics regarding France's involvment in WW2? Any help at all is appreciated. Thank you!

Hi there,

I'm doing my EE in History as well. My research question is "to what extent did the French imperialism gave rise to the communist revolution in Vietnam". I'm looking at the period from the late 1800s to post-WWII as well.

If you're interested in French Imperialism, check out these videos on youtube, there're from Yale Open Course.

Hope this helps!

- K

• Like 1

In general, the best method of narrowing down on an EE topic is by reading into your broad area. The only reason you're unable to make a narrower question is because you're not familiar enough with the content to make an informed decision. Open a general purpose textbook, preferably one about France's involvement specifically, and skim through the text. Whenever something catches your eye, i.e. something you'd like to read into further or be interested in researching, just bookmark it or tab the page or something. Either stop when you've arrived at something that really interests you or keep going until you feel you've got enough interesting tabs. Then pick one of those and phrase your RQ around that point/incident/event/etc.