Remark, or no?

Joez

Nom. So my coordinator let me know that apparently, my English results are as follows:

WL: 14

P1: 17

P2: 17

IA: 27

Which basically suggests I'm 3 marks off the cut-off for a 7. The thing is, I'm borderline 6 on every single externally marked paper.. so is it worth a remark? meh.

Honestly, it's your choice - I'd say it'd be worth it to try for one, given that if marked down, you're still guaranteed a 6, and if marked up 3, you get a 7. However, it depends how much it matters to you and how much time the process would take. Good luck!

Bearing in mind they only re-mark the papers and not the coursework (to my knowledge - as they have already moderated the coursework, supposedly - maybe check this with your IB Coordinator!), I'd say that 1 mark off = good chance, 2 marks = probably worth a go but 3 marks possibly not. Depends how much you're worried about the cash cost of a re-mark! If the money doesn't bother you, I'd go for it. If you're strapped for funds, then I think the probability of an overall boundary change with a 3 mark difference needed from 2 papers which are only scored out of 20 themselves... maybe not /so/ great.

Everybody I know who ever asked for a re-mark had their grade go up - but I don't know anybody who had one done for English or anybody who did it when more than 1 or 2 marks off.

Mmm. P1 and P2 are still out of 25 on my session, and I think the world lit should be able to be remarked too given that it's an externally assessed piece of work, after all.. Supposedly my coordinator wants me to order the papers back and have the English teachers look through them before sending them for re-mark if I decide to do so, in which case I'll prolly order them back and see what it's looking like.

Mmm. P1 and P2 are still out of 25 on my session, and I think the world lit should be able to be remarked too given that it's an externally assessed piece of work, after all.. Supposedly my coordinator wants me to order the papers back and have the English teachers look through them before sending them for re-mark if I decide to do so, in which case I'll prolly order them back and see what it's looking like.

It's because the World Literature papers, unlike the main exam papers, have already been moderated by more than one person - so they're external assessments that have already undergone moderation and review. However I may be wrong, as I said :P

If you're not worried about the money, I'd say why not give it a go if you think you deserved a 7? My friend sent hers off for remark even though she is 8% off... But yeah not sure about lit, my other friend is 1% off and she got her results back today, unchanged :/. Oh well, if I were you, I'd remark. As long as my grades don't go down, I guess I won't regret much.