Would this class choice be good?

Guest bsmith514

Guest marker792

I was wondering if this subject choice would be allowed.

English HL

History HL

Economics HL

French SL

Math SL

Biology SL

I am in Grade 9 in Canada.

I have also seen that some universities require HL Math for their Economics program. Would HL Economics be a substitute for that?

No, Economics HL and Maths HL are not interchangeable. If they require mathematics at higher level, you should make sure you comply with that.

As for the subject choices, I cannot see why it shouldn't be allowed, unless your school have some regulations on this (which I suppose no one here would be familiar with). However, I would perhaps have changed the level on maths and one of the other subjects if you want to attend those universities you talked about.

Your choices seem to be okay and manageable. I would suggest swapping Bio SL for Chem SL, as the latter doesn't require you to memorize many facts.

And regarding the other question, it depends where you're trying to apply. As far as i'm concerned, in Canada, Universities only ask you for a good grade in Math SL (6 or 7). Although i also suggest that you should do Math HL instead of Eco HL (if you can handle the workload, as Math HL is one of the hardest courses in the IB Diploma).

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...