Maths EE URGENT!

Katie Cavanaugh

I am doing my EE on mathematics and my chosen topic is Maths in GPS. But I can't think of a proper research question for the topic GPS that is worth a 4000-word essay! My strength is geometry and really want to figure out the research question as soon as possible because the deadline is coming in a week. Can you guys suggest me one?Thanks :)

This should help you. Try putting some effort into your posts and do some original thought! We're much more likely to help if we see you've already done some work, have some idea of where you want to go, etc. Mathematics EE's as far as I know are usually formulaic analyses of mathematical topics, oftentimes with a real-world application. HL Math and its topics would really help with a math EE if you still chose to go down that path.

Interesting.. I did my EE in maths, but the topic was .. comparably more abstract than most. Anyhow, good luck! People get freaked out by maths EEs these days, so good on you for doing one in it. The research question.. think carefully, even though it's probably going to evolve as you dig a bit more into your essay.

Your research topic has to be focused (that gets old after a while) and it definitely has to be related to an application of Mathematics in real life. If you try to research an abstract topic (say Fractals), you won't get far too long. Don't try to gather information about complex topics you won't understand, as those kind of EEs turn out to be copy-pasted "theoretical" essays that can get a C max.