Sign in to follow this  

Should I get a re-mark?

My teacher emailed me earlier about my results in anticipated ESS. I got a 6, but she says that I'm 1% off a 7. I'm not sure how many marks that is, as all I know is my number grades...

Do you think it's worth the re-mark? :P

Edited by sarahdactyl

Depends what component you did better/not so good on. Remarks affect your externally marked exams, not IA, so if you feel that you could get 1 or 2 extra marks in the external exam then remarking is probably a good idea. Though, if you're 1% off, you're probably fairly close (although the number of marks that corresponds to may be 2 or even 3/4) - so if you can spare the expense, you might be able to get that 7! Also, if you're exams are in November 2013, then perhaps you could retake the exam then (though I can understand why you might not want to). :)

• Like 1

Depends what component you did better/not so good on. Remarks affect your externally marked exams, not IA, so if you feel that you could get 1 or 2 extra marks in the external exam then remarking is probably a good idea. Though, if you're 1% off, you're probably fairly close (although the number of marks that corresponds to may be 2 or even 3/4) - so if you can spare the expense, you might be able to get that 7! Also, if you're exams are in November 2013, then perhaps you could retake the exam then (though I can understand why you might not want to). :)

Thanks for the advice, I might try the re-mark. I've already got a 7 for my IA, so I'm not too concerned about that. :)

Go for it. There is a very high chance that you will get a 7.

Good luck!