Has it screwed you up!

King

Today my teacher's question of the day was : was Time always there or is it man-made? Wth?

So the argument finally ended with, Newton named gravity. He didn't invent it. So someone 'named' Time, but no one invented it.

That was the most random thing I ever heard.

*Added a word for clarity. it made no sense without the "there".

Edited by cereja

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, The first day I had TOK, all of my classmates walked in, you know we had the personna that "we knew everything!" So we sit down and our teacher tell us to take out our homework. Our homework over the break was to bring a rock, any size-any kind, to class. Then my teachers passes out a philosophy book and delicately instructs to read the first chapter. As she slowly walks up to the front of the class to sit on her stool, we begin to read. As we read, our teacher is laughing internally as she sees our faces shrivel and turn red. The chapter is about knowledge. The book litarally says, "How do you know that a rock exists. How do we know that there isnt some mad scientist playing games in head." From that momment on, our minds were ruined. In the 50 words of the paragraph we were told that we knew NOTHING!!! Now we are all better but the first semester in TOK was truly a nightmire that I still have dreams of today.

So what and how was your first experience in hell......I mean TOK?

it really makes you think...that\s all ican say...

my fav

"how do you know that you know what you really know"

ever since i started TOK...i backtalk to my parents 'cause i relaised that w.e reasons they give me when i want to do something is not right...it's funny in a way

and TOk kinda makes me look at both sides, my teacher stresses on "counterclaims" a lot...so i'm less subjective now...

It developed a skeptical thinking in me. Whenever a person says some thing, before saying yes, i ask why and how. I try to disagree with everything as much as i can.

After understanding ToK concepts and then going in depth, i found every subject is relative, eg, English is linked to Maths, Chemistry is linked to Geography, etc....

It developed a skeptical thinking in me. Whenever a person says some thing, before saying yes, i ask why and how. I try to disagree with everything as much as i can.

i dunno...ever since i started TOK...i started asking weird questions...

and what's awesome is that i can tie it into english and geography...

it's rpetty cool..