A website like this for a CAS project.

ferhat123

Okay hi everyone! I'm new to the site and this is my first post so be nice.. My CAS coordinator suggested that i should set up a website for the IB community in our school because I'm quite good with technology and computers so I accepted. Now the problem is, I want it to look as professional as i can make it look. By that I mean it should be at least up to the standard as an amateur forum. I just wanted to ask how i could set up a page like this one, what software i need to use, any code needed?

Thank you in advance!

Okay hi everyone! I'm new to the site and this is my first post so be nice.. My CAS coordinator suggested that i should set up a website for the IB community in our school because I'm quite good with technology and computers so I accepted. Now the problem is, I want it to look as professional as i can make it look. By that I mean it should be at least up to the standard as an amateur forum. I just wanted to ask how i could set up a page like this one, what software i need to use, any code needed?

Thank you in advance!

If you're not planning on buying a domain and paying for it monthly/annually then you don't have to worry about much because there are a couple of websites which offer free website hosting (i've used a couple myself in the past) and there you don't need programming or anything though you need to be a bit creative. Never used wikispaces but that's a choice worth trying. Go through each link here and you should come across a site which would fulfill your needs.

http://www.invisionfree.com/

You don't even need to know anything about computers to open and run your own free forum like this one, you just need to be able to fill in the boxes. Obviously you can pay for extras like the domain name, ad-free, extra features etc., but you don't have to. Invisionfree is just one place that offers free forum hosting - there are loads of different websites out there if you do a spot of :google: