Is ITGS an easy subject?

Is ITGS really such an easy subject? I really want to take it because encryption and all sounds so interesting but everyone term it as an "easy subject". I'd be removing Economics if I take up IGTS....but I suck at economics..im getting 3 out of 7 in my internals and exams in Eco.....(Grade 11 ib).

Should I take ITGS...and is it actually THAT easy?

Is ITGS really such an easy subject? I really want to take it because encryption and all sounds so interesting but everyone term it as an "easy subject". I'd be removing Economics if I take up IGTS....but I suck at economics..im getting 3 out of 7 in my internals and exams in Eco.....(Grade 11 ib).

Should I take ITGS...and is it actually THAT easy?

You shouldn't worry about something from its "difficulty". If you are thinking about taking computer science then sure go for it. I personally find all this interesting but unfortunately my school doesn't offer ITGS. If you find economics hard and the best you can get is 3 then drop it, why are you taking it anyways if you don't like it.

Good luck!

Actually it is listed as a "soft" subject by some universities, however from what I've heard,(from my friends who did ITGS) it is not an easy subject at all, quite hard to score a 7.

Well my advice is that is you are really interested in this subject, you should take it. But don't worry if you decided to take Economics either- it in fact has the highest average score among all group 3 subjects, while it is not considered as a "soft subject" at the same time.

Edited by AnonymousIBer

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently taking ITGS and I find it average. My text book isn't even an "IB" book, but it has quite a lot of information in it. It mainly deals with society and technological ethics.

It depends on your knowledge in computers. I have a friend who isn't very comp-savy, and she finds the subject very difficult! Obviously. And as mentioned, you should probably consider dropping Economics since you're close to failing.

Give the past papers a look, and check for yourself :)

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...