IA data analyzation help?

hermit

So for my math ia, I want to test whether gender and taste preference have a relationship, and what that relationship is if there is one. For the data collection, I'm doing a blind taste test with three different types of cookies and then having the participants rank them from favorite to least favorite. I know that for analyzing the data, I'm going to test the chi squared. But other than that, I can't really think of any ways to evaluate it aside from throwing the data into bar graphs for visual aid. Help? :)

So for my math ia, I want to test whether gender and taste preference have a relationship, and what that relationship is if there is one. For the data collection, I'm doing a blind taste test with three different types of cookies and then having the participants rank them from favorite to least favorite. I know that for analyzing the data, I'm going to test the chi squared. But other than that, I can't really think of any ways to evaluate it aside from throwing the data into bar graphs for visual aid. Help? :)

bar graph would be too simple. I don't think that you would be able to do well. Think of something where you have a proper data for independant and dependant axis? then maybe try software like logger pro and try looking at relationships such as logarithmic, logistic, cubic, quintic etc.

Edited by shad0wboss

I think thats far too complicated for a maths studies IA. I just picked two variables found on the internet. Then did the standard deviation, box & whisker plot, scatter graph, correlation coefficient, chi squared and the least square regression, and I got a 7.

You get no marks for the creativity or complexity, just as long as you have data presented correctly and some sophisticated processes, you'll do great.

• Like 1