French B exam: any recurring topics worth practicing?

Guest blazure

in the tests i've seen, there's usually a letter you can do in either part B of paper 1 or on paper 2
i'd suggest making sure you know the different letter formats (formal/friendly)
on paper 1, they're focused more on comprehension
i hope this helps

well i would suggest learning how to format certain types of writing.For example if you are writing an article for a newspaper you would not be informal,put a date on the top title etc .. that sort of stuff for paper 2 and do not use grammar you are not familar with.

Yea with Paper 1 the examiners really focus on your letter structure and also language obviously. But just the structure is really meticulous, with in the case of a formal letter you need the right setup with the date, title on the right hand columns, with the formal introduction and formal dismissal (i.e. mes respectueux sentiments... ).
You have to distinguish between in/formal vocabulary since the IB grading rubric also focuses on that.
Ask your teacher what you need to right in relation to a formal/informal letter, with what specific things need to be included.
I would help you out more but i lost the review sheet, sorry.

Edited by cmfrenchiecm

Guest lina

[quote name='cmfrenchiecm' post='16506' date='May 12 2008, 10:07 PM']Yea with Paper 1 the examiners really focus on your letter structure and also language obviously. But just the structure is really meticulous, with in the case of a formal letter you need the right setup with the date, title on the right hand columns, with the formal introduction and formal dismissal (i.e. mes respectueux sentiments... ).
You have to distinguish between in/formal vocabulary since the IB grading rubric also focuses on that.
Ask your teacher what you need to right in relation to a formal/informal letter, with what specific things need to be included.
I would help you out more but i lost the review sheet, sorry.[/quote]

can somebody please describe how exactly the structure of a formal/informal letter should be? much appreciated