Oh my God, down to prob/stats?

Ridapher

Course recommendation forms came around and just as I had suspected...I was not recommended for IB Math Studies.

WHAT?!

He put me in prob/stats! The easiest course in the entire school...he wont let me into studies, unless I get an A this quarter.

Impossible. It just is.

I know some might think, "Pre-calculus? How the hell are you failing?!"

But I just don't get it, I don't understand what I am doing wrong. It's all floating numbers mocking me every time I try to sleep at night.

Should this be a sign? Should I drop to certificate?

And what are the requirements for certificate?

Unless your school is doing something different with math studies, like teaching things not in the curriculum or if math studies = SL math at your school, I'm not sure why your school didn't recommend you for it, as typically the students who are weakest at math are put down for that. I know certain people aren't talented at math, but math studies is basically as basic as you get. You don't do any calculus or similar types of math.

Certificate is just doing certain IB courses. You don't necessarily take one subject from each group, and you don't have to do EE, TOK, or CAS. You still take the exam and do the IAs for it, but you won't receive an IB diploma.

If I were to tell my teacher that I was aspiring the IB Diploma, could he go against that?

In my school you can technically take any class you want, obviously you use some common sense and teacher recommendations but the ib coordinator or any teacher cannot stop you from taking that course.... atleast in my school though I would still fight to take the diploma as opposed to certificates.

Besides math studies basically IS prob/stats with some other semi-basic concepts stuck in between.