Do the source citations have to be in the target language?

Andyboi

ok so i'm about to do my written task in chinese. I have my sources for the task. However, I used easybib for the citations and the author's names are in pinyin. Keep in mind though that the source is written in chinese. So for instance,

Chi-Kuo Shen. Discovering Chinese: Volume 3. Palo Alto, CA: Better Chinese, 2006. Print.

My chinese teacher says that I should put the names in characters but it's really hard to find the characters and type them on the computer because I have the sources scanned online. It doesn't say anything bout this in the ib language guide so... I'm asking y'all for opinions here. thanks :*

I think if the entire written work you've prepared is in Chinese, then the sources should follow medium and exacerbate uniformity. But I don't think there's an official IB rule on the point. However, it's rare, if not unique, to find sources in a language/script different from the one the main article is written in.