Sign in to follow this  

I want to do THIS article

I must do my second economics commentary by the end of this academic year, now it's going to be Macro economics

I want to write about this article:

[url="http://recruitment.globalchoices.co.uk/?id=33"]http://recruitment.globalchoices.co.uk/?id=33[/url]

I told my economics teacher that it's about migrant workers in the UK and that I could write about aggregate demand and aggregate supply here, especially since the aggregate supply will be higher amongst migrant workers for a lower wage and aggregate demand will also be higher for migrant workers in comparison to British workers

Without having read the article, my teacher condemned that I cannot write about it. And that I should instead look for something like rising interest rates or economic growth of a country that entered the EU ~ these topics sound a bit lame to me at the moment, and is it even okay to talk about economic growth within the country whereby most of it's economic growth was influenced by foreign economic intervention? I'm no expert but I thought macroeconomics is the whole economic growth within a country that is due to a country, i.e. every economic activity for which a nation is in itself responsible - that true?

The article looks OK. I think the subject is a good one, although you've got to balance out whether or not you want to risk doing it without the support of your teacher. It will also probably be harder for you to do it on this versus on a more typical topic.

Just one question though: isn't the article too old? 12/02/2007 I assume that's written in the British form, which means it was published in early Feb. I believe that's before the time scale consider "contemporary."

[quote name='yodude888' post='17211' date='May 25 2008, 11:43 PM']The article looks OK. I think the subject is a good one, although you've got to balance out whether or not you want to risk doing it without the support of your teacher. It will also probably be harder for you to do it on this versus on a more typical topic.

Just one question though: isn't the article too old? 12/02/2007 I assume that's written in the British form, which means it was published in early Feb. I believe that's before the time scale consider "contemporary."[/quote]
Oh! Yeah I think you're right - i was hoping it would be the international (American) way...

I dropped the article in the end :) and chose to write an article of a fall in unemployment in Germany - boring stuff

Thanks a lot though