[M08 SL] Chemistry P1-3

Guest iber2468

Guest iber2468

Paper 1

- Comparatively easy

- the tonnes question on the first page at first threw me off, but i just pretended it was grams and went with that =D

- a lot of people got caught by the "increase in volume" when there's a 30C increase in temperature or something (the answer is 1.1)

Paper 2

- Stoichiometry in Section A, my % purity looked right at the end

- Followed by buffer solutions I believe, my definition was iffy and i said YES for both of the questions

- Followed by...???

- Section B: I picked the equilibrium one and ended up kept repeating myself. Easy selection.

- Got bored at the end and drew a Brownian motion graph just for the heck of it

Paper 3

- Option A: cramming the night before totally paid off

- Option F: my equation for the lead-acid battery at the end wasn't right, but everything else came though by last-minute cramming

How was it guys?

I missed the battery question and whatever question was on that back page caus I didn't see it.. I thought the exam ended after that front side caus the page ended halfway through so I didn't bother flipping it to check :D

but uh, paper 2 was really easy in my opinion... *knocks on wood* lol

O ya, learned/crammed both options D and F together the night before.. was alright cept I did a ton of BSing for option D LoL ( I don't think that's a good sign)

Edited by cixelsyD

Guest iber2468

^ Omg that happened to someone in my class too! He flipped over the last page at the END with two minutes left and started freaking out/madly writing at the same time.

I wonder how many people missed it...

But hey, anything that helps the grade curve right? Lol jkjk

I never understood those redox and organic crap... sn1, sn2, nucleophic... they are all plain BS to me...

For paper 3, I did option A and D.... for us, paper 3 started at 10AM. I crammed environmental chemistry the night before, and next morning, I got up at 7:30 to cram Medicine/Drugs... (our teacher never talk about those in class... we get handouts to read and stuff...) and I think I did OK on paper 3...

Hmm, we had different papers then I assume.

Paper 1 - fun. I was thrown off by the pv=nrt question. I had practised on it and knew most of it inside out but then they wrote it in such a weird way that just made me utterly confused. And I KNOW I answered the last question wrong because I accidently choose 'amine' instead of 'amide' regarding linkage in amino acid. BLAH. And to think - I'm a Biology HL student! *head desk*

Paper 2 - I liked section A. Mostly it was about rate of reaction and stoicheiometry. Section B was no fun because neither of the topics there were my strenghts and I KNOW I screwed it up. Unfortunately, I didn't realize until it was 10 min left that I SHOULD had picked the organic chemistry question since it would at least given me more marks for what I do know...

Paper 3 - for some reason, I found medicine & drugs much easier than biochemistry (weird...). Here I also forgot to study retinol and it's effect but yeah.

Edited by Afterglow