Thank God For IBS (NOT)

Philip Budgen

I first found this super webstie by desperately browsing through Google's serach results for Business and Management notes. I am thrilled to say... that this webstie is an EPIC SCAM. Not only do they invite you to register, they FORCE you to log in if you wish to download a specific file. The worst part is, you can't. Now without using any swear words (very, very difficult) in order to not get banned, i want some explanations. Why in heaven's name would you mean hearted people, ensure to be the first ones on the serach engine results, invite to register, subsequently force to register, and finally make someone pay for a service meant to be free? All i wanted was some clear, precise, correct and IB approved notes, to study from. Why would you turn that into something where the only way to gain access, is either pay (capitlaist jerks) or bring benefit to the community (which in istelf isnt wrong, but the incentive to do that is)?

This is meant to be an offensive text, trying to prove a point, but without seeming excessively rude, it just doesn't cut it. Instead i hope this brings benefit to the commnuity, as most of todays discoveris are made by questioning things, similarly to what i have just done.

In conclusion F**K YOU AS*****S

I feel you because, I was in the same situation, needed a file, couldn't download etc. However the answers that i was provided with, made sense. So first off, you have to be helpful enough to earn the VIP status, so that you may have access to the files section OR you may pay a fee in order to gain access which is an easier and faster way to get the files.

I'm sorry you feel this way about our community. Our website is to encourage students to help each other through the forum, and if we see a significant contributions, we grant them VIP status. This can be seen through file uploading, the quality of your posts and reputation. Without supporting the idea of helping each other, members would just be taking files and leaving, which defeats the purpose of a forum.

Members of the community come and go, because they're finished with the IB and move on with their lives and some of them have just started and can only offer little help if at all. It's not guaranteed that your questions will get answered because helping is voluntary here; you can't expect most solutions to your problems by relying on the website. Members who help in the forum take time from their own lives to help others anyway, and honestly, if something you post on the forum isn't answered then I'd bet most people wouldn't know how to answer your concern as well. So you've noticed how the forum is "dying"- if you were in our shoes, what would you do about it?

I hope, this satisfies you.

Edited by shad0wboss

Right...

How exactly is anyone scamming you? IB Survival is a forum first and foremost. You're made to log in so you can use the forum... why is that a problem? I'm pretty sure that if you made a site you would enforce the same thing. Secondly, no one is forcing you to pay anything.

However, your post gives me the impression that you don't actually wish for any help or answers. You just want to complain on completely faulty premises.

If you do want to talk in a more civilised manner, contact a moderator.

• Like 7