Which Econ book should I study with?

As of now, I have the oxford course companion, oxford study guide, pearson textbook and McGee textbook.

Although I'm taking econ hl, I don't want to read all of those books and would like to take some recommendations on which ones will be sufficient to study with.

Could someone offer any tips? :)

• Like 1

The oxford course companion is pretty much sufficient I believe it has everything on the syllabus. It's what my teacher mainly uses. As well as the revision guide, because it has some good exercises. To be sure you could study with the syllabus, memorising and learning how to apply what's on the syllabus will help you get the grades.

• Like 1

My economics teacher says that her favorite study book is 'Lipsey and Chrystal Economics'.

She says it's a university book, but IB HL program is difficult enough to study with university books.

We also use Allan Glanville's 'Economics from a global perspective', which I like, because it is meant for IB, has everything that is on the syllabus, and it is written so that it is easy to understand everything, with examples.

The McGee book is verbose. You need to be patient because it takes time for McGee to get to the point. But it has some good questions and explanations.

I find the Oxford books great to study with. Never tried other books or heard my teacher recommending books so can't recommend any.