Hi!

I'm doing my Extended Essay in English, comparing the element of fantasia (a.k.a. supernatural) in the works of Haruki Murakami and in the works of Nazli Eray.

I found many sources for researching the works of Nazli Eray, but, I couldn't find anything related to Haruki Murakami.

Do you guys have any websites in which people share essays and projects and so on? Or could you please send me some links that you think would help me in any way? Interviews, critical essays, anything would work. I'm pretty lost here.

Thanks!

Okay so I don't know anything about your topic, but I did find something on JSTOR. Not sure how useful it will be but it is an interview with Haruki Murakami: click here You may need to make an account to see all the content, but I think you may be able to view the whole thing for free (or you can try digging for the original)

Good luck! Hope I was helpful :)

EDIT:

So i found this as well: click here I think it looks extremely useful - It has a extremely extensive list of primary sources involving Haruki Murakami - with this list you can google some of the titles and maybe find a whole heap of resources!

Edited by The Rainbow Connection

Try to find this book online if you can: The Japanization of modernity: Murakami Haruki between Japan and the United States by Rebecca Suter and Underground : the Tokyo gas attack and the Japanese psyche by Haruki Murakami.

I also found this Delicious account on him.

Here's an interview on the Art of Fiction no. 182 by the Paris Review

Here's another review (more like a blog post, but it still counts): Creativity of the Brain

Here's a Guardian article on him and a BBC and NYTimes one as well.

There's a Travel Blog article on one of his books.

Open Culture (pretty awesome blog) have several posts devoted to him as well.

Here's his speech at the Catalunya International Prize Ceremony where he talks a lot about his creative process - can be useful to infer author's intent.

Hope at least some of that is useful to you.

Best of luck!