World Lit 2 Help Please

ibman

Hey guys,

I am currently in year one of IB English HL A1. I am soon going to start the process of writing my second world lit paper.
The books available are Chronicle of Death Foretold, Hero of Our Time (World Lit Books) and The Great Gatsby, Pride and Prejudice (normal text reading)

Since, there are 3 options to base a world lit 2 essay on, I think I would be most interested in the third choice where one needs to analyze a theme, idea or an important passage from the world lit books.

I cannot decide a topic from the books above stated. Can someone please suggest me a topic? Please help as my world lit 2 essay is due soon.

Thanking you all in advance.

Sincerely,
ibman

Guest iber2468

WE did Chronicle and Pedro Paramo and Dom Casmurro, so from CDF and PP, I picked images of housing and their effects in the novels.

I only read CDF, so I can only suggest death and marriage.

For my own WL2 I did a creative one - so easy!

Guest Lily Bean

Well for WL2 you can only use the normal text if you're doing a comparison of 2 texts (I think it's option C or A, can't remember), so at least one of your books have to be from the WL list. Or you could do the indepth study. But generally people say the creative is easiest. Just take a scene you like and rewrite it from another character's view. Or rewrite the ending. Use your imagination, thats what the creative option is all about!