Stereotype that you help negate

Nikita K

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I'm Indian by ethnicity and Canadian by nationality, so there are a lot of stereotypes that apply to me. An Indian stereotype is that all of us want to be engineers or doctors. I want to be a commercial pilot for Air Canada, but I'm studying to become a doctor, too, because I enjoy challenges and there is a shortage of doctors in Canada. But my inner dream will always be to become a pilot. And I'm not vegetarian- that's not an Indian thing, it's a religious thing. I eat all types of meat except for the extremes and seafood because I don't like the taste.

Yes, I love maple syrup and no, I don't put it on everything- just pancakes and waffles, and maybe vanilla ice cream.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My father's family has a lot of Irish heritage and everyone used to (and still kind of do) get into fights. Doing or not doing something in spite of someone telling you to not do or do something is also a common practice in my father's family.

My dad always told me that if I got into a fight, he wouldn't be mad at me. So in spite of him, I was a pacifist during my early years, and to this day, I still have not gotten into a fight. 10/10 not sure if I regret it or not

• 9 months later...