Chinese B SL paper 2

Hi everyone,

I have my Chinese B SL exam next monday.

I was wondering has anyone done the exam last session and for paper 2, what level of language is expected.

It says at least 300 words, so if I write 400 it's more than enough?

If anyone is helpful enough, can I PM them a pre-written essay and see if it deserves a 7?

Thanks,

Forester.

Even though I don't know about Chinese B specifically, usually it's a bad idea to go over the word limit that radically. In Swedish B (which I'm doing on Monday as well), you're supposed to write over 250 words and we've been advised to at least not go over 300 words. If you write 250 words it's not a BAD thing, that's the requirement. I guess the optimal length would be around 260-270 words. So for Chinese, writing "only" the requirement of 300 is good, 400 is too much.

you can't really cover that much in 300 words though?

I was just thinking, for something like English B HL, where you only have to write over 450 words, they won't mark you down for writing like 550 will they? they would only mark you up as they can see the competency of your english?

Well, I read somewhere that one should write about 300-350 for French B SL for a minimum word limit of 250. I guess it just depends on person to person. Personally, I've written 480 words for my French B HL essay which was meant to be 400. I'll find out in a couple of months as to how good an idea that was :angry:

Hey there, I'm doing a Mandarin B SL practice paper tomorrow as well- high five :)

Anyway, are you SURE that you only need 300 words? Because MY teacher told us at least 400 words for SL, and 500 words for HL...

But if I were you, I would make a conscious effort to write over the word limit, in any case.

Good luck :)

Aboo, my final experience was similar to yours I guess, I wrote a lot over the word limit of 250 words; about 320 words. I never wrote such long essays but in the final I couldn't make a proper letter to an editor if it wasn't over 300 words. Unfortunately it wasn't as good as I would have hoped it to be, I used really simple stuff although I can write better.. Oh well, we'll see in July! ;)

[quote name='deissi' post='17321' date='May 28 2008, 04:28 AM']Aboo, my final experience was similar to yours I guess, I wrote a lot over the word limit of 250 words; about 320 words. I never wrote such long essays but in the final I couldn't make a proper letter to an editor if it wasn't over 300 words. Unfortunately it wasn't as good as I would have hoped it to be, I used really simple stuff although I can write better.. Oh well, we'll see in July! :P [/quote]

It's funny how the exams actually make us write more than what we actually do in the practice ones. I wrote about 350-380 usually, knowing that that's letting me down in a few criteria.
I'm sure you'll be fine. Correct simple stuff never harmed anybody ;) We shall have to see in July.