Biology Paper 1-3 (MAY08)

Guest julz_90

Guest julz_90

hey

what do you think about the biology exams?

I was quite disappointed. biology is one of my best subject and I was very well prepared, but these exams were just ridiculous! some questions were just too easy, and some were asked in a way you didn't really understand what they wanted, so that even though I'm pretty sure I would have had the background knowledge I don't know whether I got them right. and the data-based questions were crap, they had nothing to do with biological background! and I'd rather not say anything about the multiple choice paper :)

I think I could have come up with more reasonable questions myself... I mean, these papers are supposed to test your knowledge, not your ability to guess!! :)

well, I'm hoping for high scores anyway...

P1 was ridiculously easy, I finished it in 10 mins and my whole class was just sleeping through the last 25 mins since everyone was done lol, although I already know I made 2 REALLY stupid mistakes :) .

P2 was..okay? I'm not sure how I did on section B for the 8 mark question because I wasn't really sure what they wanted me to say :). All of the 2 mark and 3 mark questions seemed to be asking for a lot more than they were worth, like I ran out of line space for all of those questions and I think I wrote too much.

P3 was also pretty easy..but once again I wrote down way too much for every question and all the "discuss" questions, I wasn't sure what they wanted.

They should really make the exam questions more clear about what they want. All in all, bio was by far the easiest exam I had and the only exam where i had 10 mins+ of extra time after finishing lol.

Paper 1: Yeah, finished that in 10 mins haha

Paper 2: I agree with how the wording was pretty lame, but it was still good.

Paper 3: That was a joke hahahaha. I finished in 30 mins and had enough time to take a nap, think about how awesome it was that I only had french left and I played calculator games, played with my hair etc etc.

Overall: It was easy haha

you all seem to be ok with bio exam... my classmates complained about two things... the first thing is that they didnt give enough space for candidates to answer the whole questions... also... the questions were not as clear... i did not take bio... but i hope physics goes as easy as bio... :angry:

I agree, I thought the exams went pretty well!

Although, the wording on Paper 2 was a bit iffy, as well as paper 3...but other than that, it was awesome.

To be honest, the wording was fine for me on Paper 2 - however one or two of my options questions were quite lame :angry: Discuss this discuss that ergh...I prefer questions where you either know it or you don't, not vague 'discuss' questions! :D Overall it was good though :lol: Made one stupid mistake on Paper 1 gurrr was about to change my answer so that green-blue bacteria prokaryotes photosynthesised but for some stupid reason I didn't! Oh well just one mark ^_^ Let's just hope it doesn't come back to bite me :wub:;)