I'm also taking ITGS at the moment.

I recommend that you go over the definitions because in

most cases, the first section (a) of a question will usually

ask for a definition. Also you may want to go over a few

IT systems and how they work as these types of questions

also appear in the exam, as well as their advantages and

disadvantages

BUT, the best way to study would be to do past papers

as most of the time the structure is the same!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

While dealing with ITGS paper 1 it is important to understand what does the question ask for that purpose you need to clearly understand the command terms.
Also as all the paper ones usually have the same structure and questions you may want to prepare yourself by simply taking papers everyday, just write a paper 1 and check it with mark scheme, find out your mistakes and use them to improve both your writing and knowledge. However ITGS requires a lot of reading so try reading the Official text book and learn the definitions besides in the text book there are also several questions answering to which will be really very helpful for your further success.
Try understand how the IT system works because you will be asked to explain how it works step by step and for gaining maximal mark you will need to go beyond the information given in the article which means you will need to have some information of that particular IT system.

Wish you best luck....

• 2 years later...

I was just going through the specimen papers of ITGS HL paper 1 and I feel they have made it much harder than before. Considering that you can't really study for ITGS. So can anyone give me some advice as how should I prepare for my exam in a month

Thanks,

sidd

From where did you get the ITGS specimen?

Thank u